Monday, March 26, 2012

Rhinestone Templates

So I ordered some of the green template material for rhinestones and was playing with it over the weekend, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.  So many possibilities!!  I made a rhinestone template to make school spirit t-shirts.  There were so easy, I made four of them.  I admit it it, I am hooked on bling!!

I am going to work up a tutorial as soon as I can on how I did mine.  There are so many awesome tutorials out there, I kind of took a little from each!!

Anyway, now that I am hooked on rhinestones I am getting hooked on designing rhinestone templates.  here is one I will share with you today, look for more in the days to come.  This is a chili pepper made for 10ss stones.  Regardless of the program you use, make sure you re-size the file to 2.504 wide by 3.411 high if it doesn't come in at that size.  The thing about the rhinestone templates is you can NOT re-size them.  They are made for a specific size stone and if you try to re-size them for a different size stone I understand it doesn't work so great.  Although, I am trying to figure out a method to do that.  I'll be sure to share if I figure it out. 
  If you like the free rhinestone template of the chili pepper you can download the SVG file here and for you Silhouette Studio users in DXF format here.  Do share if you make something with it and happy blinging!!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Thanks, Michelle. I haven't done much with rhinestones yet, but I would like to. Maybe this will help me get going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the freebie - can't wait to make a shirt for my sister

    ReplyDelete